Join Manly Yacht Club!
We welcome sailors with all abilities to join our wonderful club. If you’ve had some sailing experience and keen to try racing then use our crew link and race 3 times with us using a free Sailpass. After 3 races join to become a member of the club. Our membership will also allow you to sail at any other Australian Sailing affiliated club.
- The feeling of freedom and adventure: Sailing allows you to explore the open water and experience the thrill of the wind in your sails. It can be a great escape from the stress and routine of daily life.
- The challenge: Sailing requires skill, knowledge, and experience to master. It can be a challenging and rewarding pursuit, as you learn to navigate changing weather conditions, read the wind and waves, and make split-second decisions.
- The social aspect: Sailing can be a great way to connect with like-minded people who share a passion for the water. Whether you join a sailing club or participate in regattas and races, there are plenty of opportunities to meet new people and build friendships.
- The connection with nature: Sailing allows you to experience the beauty and power of nature up close. You can observe marine life, enjoy stunning sunsets, and appreciate the natural environment in a way that’s impossible from land.
- The sense of accomplishment: Sailing can provide a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction as you develop your skills and achieve your goals on the water. Whether you’re racing or cruising, there’s a great feeling of pride and accomplishment that comes with successfully completing a sail.
There are several benefits to becoming a member of Manly Yacht Club
- No application fee
- Low annual membership fees
- Exclusive access to app for matching crew members and skipper
- Membership with Australian Sailing which includes insurance coverage under their Sports Accident Insurance Scheme
- Be part of a community on and off the water
- Range of yachts suitable for all ages and sailing abilities
- Largest Open Skiff fleet on Sydney Harbour
- Hosts of the Helly Hansen Women’s Challenge for 25+ years
Juniors – >>>> more info
|$ 345 – Adult membership over 30 years of age|
|$ 195 – Adult membership under 30 years of age|
|$ 180 – Student available for full time study. Proof of full-time study status is required|
|$ 580-$630 – Junior Racing Program, Instructor fees, boat storage or boat usage fee|
Manly Yacht Club memberships are valid from 1st October to 30th September. New Adult members joining after 1st March will be offered a $60 discount on their initial membership.
If you have previously been a member of another sailing club you will have an existing Australian Sailing (AS) number. Please complete the following steps to pull in your existing information from Australian Sailing.
- To look up your AS number, go to here. Simply entering your first and last name in the search bar then click on “Search”. This will display your AS number.
- Click here and select “Renew” rather than “Register”. Fill in your details including your AS number.
If you need help please email email@example.com
Crew and skippers of all boats should be members of a yacht club affiliated with Australian Sailing (AS). The one exception is that beginners may sail for a maximum of three races prior to becoming a member of an affiliated club.