Welcome to Manly Yacht Club
MYC is a community-oriented club that provides friendly, competitive sailing on Sydney Harbour for yachts, lasers, junior dinghies and a branch of Sailability for mobility impaired sailors.
MYC is an organisation run by the members for the members, and you are encouraged to become involved in any way you feel able, both on and off the water. If you are new to sailing or racing, our Twilight series is a great way to get started and coming back to the Club afterwards for a drink and a bite to eat is a great way to meet other members.
Manly Yacht Club is a fun and friendly family-oriented sports club with a long history, run for the benefit of the local community, that welcomes sailors of all abilities to stay active and healthy while enjoying the waters of beautiful Manly Cove and Sydney Harbour.
To achieve our vision, we will:
• Manage a wide range of sailing events for the benefit of Club members and the sailing community at large;
• Be a valued member of the local community by providing a positive and sustainable contribution and amenity to the surrounding area and environment; and
• Promote a culture where all members, guests and volunteers work together in a positive, and friendly atmosphere for the benefit of the Club whilst encouraging diversity and respect.
• Community-Minded and Considerate – We will continue our proud tradition of benefiting the local community and supporting sailors of all abilities while remaining considerate of the needs of our members, guests, volunteers and the local community and environment.
• Friendly and Inclusive – We will encourage a friendly and fun atmosphere for members, guests and volunteers alike, while welcoming all people regardless of their age, gender, abilities, ethnicity and/or religion.
• Active and Spirited – We will remain a volunteer-based organisation that expects the active participation of all our members in the same spirit as those members who have so
generously contributed their time and effort to build our proud history.